“Mason – NSF Cybersecurity Leadership and Innovation Conference“
George Mason University (GMU) and National Science Foundation (NSF) will host a conference focusing on cybersecurity leadership and innovation themes from the current Mason – NSF research initiative – “Bridging the Cybersecurity Leadership Gap: Assessment, Competencies and Capacity Building“.
The purpose of this conference is to review challenges for cybersecurity leadership and the evolving CISO role and core competencies, and highlight current and upcoming cybersecurity innovations.
Speakers will include cybersecurity leaders and innovators from both the government and private sectors, including:
- Andrew Bochman, Senior Cyber and Energy Security Strategist, Idaho National Laboratory
- Rick Tracy, Senior Vice President and Chief Security Officer, Telos Corporation
- Josh Marpet, CEO, BiJoTi
- Mark Terenzoni, CEO, Sqrrl
- Kevin Yin, CEO, SitScape
- Asher Kotz, Cybersecurity and International Business Development Manager, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Patrick Maldre, Adjunct Fellow and leading development
- Temitope Aladesanmi, PhD, 2015/2016 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellow and Administrator, University Internet Services/Data Center at Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria
- J.P. Auffret, Asso. Director, Center for Assurance Research & Engineering (CARE), Volgenau School of Engineering; and Director, Research Partnerships, School of Business
Location: Room 125/126 in Founders Hall, 3351 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22201
Time: Registration at 7:30 a.m. and Conference from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Transportation: Metro to Virginia Square (Orange Line) and paid parking available at Founders Hall Garage
Continental Breakfast and mid-morning snack will be served.
Reports produced on past Mason-NSF events:
April 30, 2015 Mason-IBM-NSF Cybersecurity Leadership and Smart Grid Conference Report
July 11, 2014 Mason-IBM-NSF Cybersecurity Leadership and Smart Grid Workshop Report
For questions or more information, please contact key organizers at:
Dr. J.P. Auffret
Director, Research Partnerships and Grants Initiative, School of Business, and
Associate Director, Center for Assurance Research and Engineering, Volgenau School of Engineering
Phone: 703-993-5641 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Angelos Stavrou
Director, Center for Assurance Research & Engineering, and
Associate Professor of Computer Science, Volgenau School of Engineering
Phone: 703-993-3772 Email: email@example.com